Visionary strategies for uncertain times
DSI is a recognized leader in Future-Centered consulting. We provide adaptive planning and strategic leadership that helps some of the world’s leading organizations profit from realities that haven’t happened yet.
Future-Centered consulting – (n) – a set of forward-looking tools and methods that help organizations plan for and profit from varying degrees of change.
Founded in 1990 by Paul J.H. Schoemaker, DSI teams combine the brainpower of published academics and proven business leaders whose work is transformational. It pulls people out of the present and helps them plan for more than one future.
Our approach is based on the simple concept that the present is a dangerous thing to plan on. Most plans fail because they simply stretch out the status quo, hoping the future follows a single straight line, but research shows that futures never follow a straight line.
Simply put we provide customized tools, processes and strategic insights to create and sustain adaptive organizations in uncertain futures.
- We co-create strategy with our clients, generating the institutional understanding and buy-in to execute it with confidence.
- We don’t just consult, we teach. We make sure you have the skills and processes in place to think strategically on a continual basis.
- We’re everywhere you need us. Our international team speaks 13 languages and has worked in more than 40 nations.
- We advise the world’s largest organizations. Our clients include many of the Fortune 500 firms, including 9 of the Fortune 10. And we’ve helped more than 200 organizations across the globe build real competitive advantage.
- We’re thinkers. And we’re do-ers. More than half of our senior staff hold Ph.D.s, including former faculty from top business schools, including the University of Chicago and CEDEP at INSEAD. But we also know how to turn theory into real-world success.
- We write what thought leaders read, including influential books, research reports and articles in leading journals and business publications, including Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, California Management Review and BusinessWeek.
- We’re easy to work with. While we’re proud of our credentials and achievements, we’re prouder still of our reputation among clients for our friendly, personal style.
- We challenge assumptions. Rather than planning for more of the same, we help clients push past present-day assumptions and prepare for uncertain futures.